The AeroPress offers a quick and easy method of making coffee at home or on the go. It has a unique brewing method with grounds fully immersed in hot water and pushed through a paper filter (or metal filters) to give a rich, smooth coffee flavour, with less bitterness and low acidity.
The AeroPress is a 1-3 cup coffee and espresso maker and comes with 350 paper filters, funnel, scoop and stirrer. The AeroPress offers a quick and easy method of making coffee at home or on the go. It has a unique brewing method with grounds fully immersed in hot water and pushed through a paper filter (or metal filters) to give a rich, smooth coffee flavour, with less bitterness and low acidity.
Brewing time taks approx. 1 minute
- Make sure the water is not too hot, after boiling water leave to sit for a while before using the AeroPress.
- You can make from one to four cups per pressing. Each pressing only takes about a minute, so you can serve a houseful of guests in a few minutes. Just follow these easy steps:
How to Use:
- Pull the plunger until it is extended but not all the way out of the chamber
- Invert your plunger so the cap is at the top and unscrew the cap
- Grind the coffee at a medium grind
- Pour in hot water and stir
- Brew for approx 1 minute
- Wet the paper filter (or stainless steel filter if you have one) and place inside the cap and twist the cap onto the chamber.
- After brewing, invert the AeroPress onto your cup. There is a bit of pressure needed so the cup needs to within stand force applied when you begin to press.
- Press down at a slow constant pressure. This takes approx 1-2 minutes depending on how fast you press down.
- Enjoy your brew
This is our basic recipe and can be adjusted to taste:
- Grind 30g coffee on a medium grind similar to stovetop
- Pour hot water up to number 4 on the Aeropress (inverted it will be up to number 1)
- Stir coffee grinds with the paddle
- leave to brew for 1 minute
- invert over your glass/cup and push down slowly and consistently.